Company Details

  • Jiangsu Palm International Co., Ltd.

  •  [Jiangsu,China]
  • Business Type:Manufacturer , Trade Company
  • Main Mark: Americas , Asia , Caribbean , Europe , Middle East , West Europe
  • Exporter:91% - 100%
Inquiry Basket ( 0 )

Jiangsu Palm International Co., Ltd.

Home > News > New Changes of Global Footwear Demand(9)
News

New Changes of Global Footwear Demand(9)

Firstly, the proportion of leather shoes is on the decline.

Among various shoes, the proportion of leather shoes is declining, sports shoes account for 50%, and there are less and less shoes which are made of leathers.

Among all kinds of shoe material, leather accounts for 30%. In American shoes market, more than 2/3 of the shoes are not made of leather uppers. The same is true in Europe. Leather shoes account for only 30%, and the other non-leather shoes account for 70% . We will see more and more synthetic-materials- made shoes.


Secondly, footwear growth are mainly in China.

China is the largest footwear market in the world. In 2013, China's consumption reached 4 billion, each person in 3 pairs or more. If Chinese consumers reach the level of 7 pairs per person like in the United States, then China's consumption will double. Seeing from Chinese market consumption from 4 billion to 8 billion, we can look forward to future needs. While In Europe, the United States, Japan and Brazil, market growth is are stable, the future substantial growth of footwear industry is still in China.


Thirdly, the proportion of online shopping for footwear will continue to increase.

Since 2011, 3/4 of all shoe sales have been completed online. In 2013 , on the whole retail store customer traffic decreased by 3% (down by 8% in May 2014 and by 10% in June). Overall, online sales accounted for about 20% of all sales in 2013, reaching $10.5 billion. About 60% of online shoe sales companies have physical retail stores, and 40% are online stores like Zappos.

Share to:  
Communicate with Supplier?Supplier
Yang Mr. Yang
What can I do for you?
Contact Supplier